Monday, June 7, 2010

Proud

You know what? I'm pretty proud of myself today. I realized that going to counseling really has taught me a few things and this time when the sexting issue resurfaced I was calmer, more rational, and clearer in the head. I'm not by any means saying his actions were ok with me. What I am saying is that I've been responding rationally and much better than I did the first time and that's because of counseling.

Because of counseling, I accept and realize that Husband feels the need to sext because he is insecure about himself and that his insecurity is not my issue. I cannot control him and only how I react. If he's going to cheat then he'll find a way, cell phone or no cellphone...texts or no texts.

Because of counseling, I also accept, realize, and understand that our marriage probably will not make it if he doesn't put the effort in to work on his issues. If our marriage doesn't survive I can honestly say that I will have done everything I could have and been committed to it. I know I'll be able to walk away without a regret if the time comes since I've upheld my half of the deal.

I don't want this marriage to end; however, I will not remain in a relationship where I cannot trust my partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment